• Hands on experience in developing unique and iconic properties.
• Formerly a planning lawyer and barrister specialising in planning appeals to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
• He has a good understanding of the planning process at local Council level, having been an elected representative on the Melbourne City Council and served as Councillor, Deputy Lord Mayor and Deputy Chair of the Planning Committee.
• From 2010 to 2014 he was an elected member of the Victorian State Government in the seat of Prahran. He understands the processes for bigger projects where Government takes control of the planning approvals.
• He has served on the National executive of the Planning Institute of Australia and is a regular commentator on planning issues.
“Newton-Brown is well regarded in planning circles with a niche for working on complicated projects”
Property Writer – The Age